Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs) - Sleeps from 2 to 14
Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs) Info
For PRICES please click on the above tab marked COST
For a real feel for the quality of service please see more reviews : https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/les-coches/22#reviews
CATERED CHALET MATHILDE, ensuite bedrooms, sleeping 12/14, Les Coches, Paradiski (425km of piste)
Chalet Mathilde is a lovely chalet just 30 metres from the piste, only 150 metres ski to the nearest lift and normally you can ski back to the chalet! For beginners we offer a service to and from the chairlift at times to suit you.
We have a very high percentage of returning guests and a lot of them have kindly left reveiws on Trip Advisor, so if you want to check us out then please click on the following link: TRIP ADVISOR
The chalet sleeps up to 14 people with twin ensuite bedrooms (2 with baths) and 1 family room sleeping up to 4. All the bedrooms have full headroom, 2 pillows per bed, their own private facilities (2 with baths) and some have their own balconies.
There is a large warm lounge with huge open fireplace, wifi, TV, dvd, wii, NetFlix, XBox and blue tooth Bose speaker. There will be a selection of DVD’s in the chalet for you to enjoy plus Netflix, but you are also very welcome to bring your own entertainment. There will also be a few books available so if you wish to borrow or swop please do.
The chalet is of a traditional alpine chalet design, with wooden beams throughout giving a warm and relaxed atmosphere. The views from the chalet are stunning with Mont Blanc and the Northern Alps stretching into the distance.
We supply all the bed linen and towels with a mid-week towel change. Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the chalet so it is a good idea to bring slippers or indoor shoes. Please note this is a non-smoking chalet, however, you are welcome to smoke on the balconies and terrace.
Babies are welcome when you book the whole chalet and we have stairgates, cots with mattresses and linen, high chairs (some with straps), we can puree food, buy fresh full fat milk, store food in the fridge, supply a blanket for the floor and, if needed, we have a washing machine.
With the environment in mind :
Toiletries from That Soap Company (vegetarian, organic, no plastics) : https://thatsoap.eu/blogs/news/solid-shampoo-and-conditioner-bars-zerowaste
Dish cloths from Children's Cancer Charity : no sponges or micro fibre cloths used
Cleaning products from Biocoop using natural ingredients and reusable plastic bottles
We aim to reduce as much plastic as possible. Where possible, our fruit and vegetables are bought loose and not in plastic bags or plastic nets. Rather than use the bags available in the supermarket we take our own thus reducing waste.
We recyle as much as possible and have 2 recyling bins in the chalet available
We ask our guests and staff turn off lights when not in the rooms and anything on standby, turn down the heating rather than open the windows.
- 6 (not 5) evening meals
- Les Coches Mountain Village, La Plagne, heat of Paradiski (425kms of piste)
- Hot Tub with a mountain view of Mont Blanc
- 30m from the piste
- ski back to chalet (normally)
- sleeps 12 to 14
- spacious warm comfortable lounge with enough seating for 14
- huge stone built open fireplace, big enough to roast a sheep!
- bottled wine
- all rooms private facilities
- luxurious bath sheets 100% fluffy cotton, with a mid-week change if required
- toiletries form That Soap Company
- heated boot warmers
- located in a mountain village
- some rooms have balconies
- Sun trap terrace for spring G&Ts with outside lounge!
- FREE wifi, flat screen TV, DVD, NetFlix, bluetooth Bose speaker, Xbox, wii
- 2 lovely chalet hosts looking after you and cooking delicious meals
- FREE shuttles to & from skiing/lessons for children, beginner/early intermediates
- FREE parking, 3 places next to chalet
- La Source quality personal service
- Ski Hire delivered to chalet
- acoustic guitar for singalongs!
- Sun trap terrace for Spring G&Ts with outsisde lounge!
- We provide an excellent service with excellent food cooked by chalet hosts who are a lovely couple, superb cooks and very accommodating.
We provide fresh bread every day, a cooked option and porridge for breakfast 4 mornings continental style buffet 3 mornings where we provide croissants and pain au chocolate, scrumptious afternoon tea, 6 x 3-course evening meal with generous portions which includes bottled wine. Plus treats during the course of the week, for example hot wine etc
We also advise you on the best slopes etc which allows you, our guest, to find little gems in the Paradiski area which you might not otherwise find.
We offer transport from the pub before dinner if you fancy.
We help with equipment hire, lessons (advise, organise and book), lift passes, transfers to/from train stations for free and we can help book airport transfers and show you the pistes. Ski hire delivered and collected for free when ordered on-line with www.rentalrepublic.co.uk
- If you require in-house nannies then we can help arrange this for you.
We also offer a holiday in which the relaxed and friendly ambience of the chalet, allied to delicious food and our enthusiasm for the area, should ensure that you have a superb ski holiday.
On your first day of your holiday with us we make sure that equipment, lessons and everything else runs as smoothly as possible to get your stay with us off to a good start.
We really do look after you which is why we have so many returning guests every year.
The menu will, as always, be a delicious mixture of French, European, British and Aisian fusion cooking. Our hosts are hand-picked by Linda and Chris for their cooking skills, personality, life experience and enthusiasm and are backed up by our experienced management (providing ski holidays in Paradiski since 1997).
We have a passion for food and enjoy providing wonderful home cooked, dinner party style meals, for which we receive many compliments. A hearty hot breakfast (continental buffet style 3 mornings a week) sets you off perfectly for a day on the piste. When you return to the chalet you will be greeted by the afternoon tea, including a delicious home baked cake. Then sitting in front of the open fire you will be served with pre-dinner nibbles, followed by a 3-course evening meal including bottled wine, finished off with fresh coffee, teas and chocolates.
You will have the opportunity to taste some of the local delicacies, such as the delicious cheeses, Beaufort and Tomme de Savoie, the mountain dish of Tarteflette and the local after dinner drink of Genepi.
Special dietary requirements are not a problem, Linda was a vegetarian for 20 years and is allergic to carrots, wheat and dairy, so we have a lot of experience in catering for all types of diets!
We have one whole day off during the week when you will have the opportunity to sample the regional cuisine at a local restaurant (this is not included in your holiday price), we will be happy to recommend a restaurant to suit your requirements and also to arrange this for you. Chris and Linda play in a local band called “Gurt Slush” and they normally play every Wednesday Apres Ski in La Table du Tarin Bar/Restaurant in Les Coches.
OK, so here’s a typical days menu:
Breakfast (4 hot breakfasts, 3 continental)
Fruit Juice, Selection of Teas, Fresh Coffee
Selection of Yoghurts, Fresh Fruit, Cereals
Porridge, hot option such as Scrambled Egg and smoked salmon
Bread and selection of jams
(Croissants/Pain aux Chocolate on our day off)
6 x Afternoon Teas
Tea, Coffee, Squash
Bread and selection of jams
Typical Evening Meal (6 evening meals)
Warm Mushrooms served on bed of crispy salad with balsamic reduction
Duck with apricot stuffing with honey and sesame glaze
Oven baked potato wedges
Buttery French beans and garlic
Fresh seasonal vegetables served with a herby dressing
Moist chocolate pudding served with toffee sauce
Selection of Teas / Fresh Coffee, Chocolates
Writing this is making me feel very hungry!!
Ski La Source offer their properties Saturday's to Saturday's, please click a saturday for a cost, if you require more than one week please submit a booking for a quote
Please find below the prices for this property, if you are interested in a date not listed please contact us for a quote
|£6468.00||5 rooms left|
' Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs) ' is located at Latitude:45.553194, Longitude:6.725832
See what our guests say about Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Dear Linda, Can you thank Tom and Beth for a great week at Chalet Matilde, they were great hosts and cooks and managed our group really well. Everyone had a brilliant time. Top marks from everyone for the chalet and it’s position and you and Chris made such an effort to make sure we enjoyed ourselves including lifts in the Land Rover and ski hire were great. Hope to see you next year, - Peter , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Linda, Thanks for the hospitality and care taken over us during our holiday. We look forward to seeing you next year. - Mich , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Hi Linda thanks so much for looking after us so well - we've all had a fab time!!! Many thanks again Sam x - Sam , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Hi Linda, Just wanted to say a massive thank you for looking after the gang , Blackstone / Eastburn ... We loved every second with you and would definitely love to return there.., we very nearly didn't make it out with all that snow! We were looked after from beginning to end.. By you, Chris, Christian and especially Myles and Katie! We really could not have asked for better hosts.. Actually really going to miss them being around!!:((( we are all on a holiday downer that's for sure! I would def look at returning , whether it be with family or friends so do keep in touch! Thanks again for being so lovely.., Nikki xx - Nikki , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Hi Linda Hope you are all well – we had such a fab time. Thank you! We are just deliberating next year and think we may opt for wc 18th March but possibly the week before. Many thanks Sam - Sam , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)