Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs) - Sleeps from 2 to 14
Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs) Info
For PRICES please click on the above tab marked COST
For any questions or a quick chat please contact us : https://www.messenger.com/t/SkiLaSource
For a real feel for the quality of service please see more reviews : https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/les-coches/22#reviews
CATERED CHALET MATHILDE, ensuite bedrooms, sleeping 12/14, Les Coches, Paradiski (425km of piste)
Chalet Mathilde is a lovely chalet just 30 metres from the piste, only 150 metres ski to the nearest lift and normally you can ski back to the chalet! For beginners and young children we are around to help offering a service to and from the chairlift at times to suit you.
We have a very high percentage of returning guests and a lot of them have kindly left reveiws on Trip Advisor, so if you want to check us out then please click on the following link: TRIP ADVISOR
We will welcome you to your chalet and show you your rooms so you can settle in. Our chalet hosts will provide you with a welcome drink and introduce themselves. We will provide you with information you need regarding lessons, ski maps, village information, walks and hand out your lift passes (preordered/prepaid via Ski La Source. To save you going to a ski shop, your skis and snowboards can be pre-dropped to the chalet and the ski technician will pop by during the evening to make sure everything fits and make any changes necessary.
In the evening our chalet hosts will let you know the information regarding meals, drinks, jacuzzi, snow clearnace etc.
We change the water and clean the jacuzzi every Saturday without fail. The jacuzzi will be ready for your use from Sunday to Friday where you can luxuriate in the bubbles with the view of the mountains as they turn pink. For your safety we do have rules for the jucuzzi which are in the loby entrance to the jacuzzi where you will find towels and hooks for your dressing gown.
The chalet is of a traditional alpine chalet design, with wooden beams throughout giving a warm and relaxed atmosphere. The views from the chalet are stunning with Mont Blanc and the Northern Alps stretching into the distance.
There is a large sunny terrace with outside lounge furniture off the dining room where you can watch the mountains turn pink.
Chalet Mathilde has a large spacious warm lounge with comfortable sofas with enough seating for 14 people, huge open fireplace, We have wifi, TV, dvd, wii, NetFlix, XBox and blue tooth Bose speaker. There will be a selection of DVD’s in the chalet for you to enjoy plus NetFlix, but you are also very welcome to bring your own entertainment. There will also be a few books available so if you wish to borrow or swop please do. Also a good selection of board games.
The chalet sleeps up to 14 people with twin ensuite bedrooms and 1 family room sleeping up to 4. All the bedrooms have full headroom, 2 pillows per bed, toilettries, fuffy 100% cotton bath sheet towel and hand towel, dressing gown for use with the jacuzzi plus a jacuzi towel, hairdryer per room.
Bedroom 1 twin, ensuite bathroom with shower, wc, wash hand basin, private balcony
Bedroom 2 twin, ensuite shower, wc, wash hand basin, private balcony
Bedroom 3 twin, ensuite shower, wc, wash hand basin
Bedroom 4 twin plus bunk beds, ensuite shower, wc, wash hand basin, private large balcony
Bedroom 5 twin, ensuite shower, wc, wash hand basin
Bedroom 6 twin, ensuite bath with shower, wc, wash hand basin
We supply all the bed linen and towels with a mid-week towel change. Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the chalet so it is a good idea to bring slippers or indoor shoes. Please note this is a non-smoking chalet, however, you are welcome to smoke on the balconies and terrace.
Garage/ski area : we have a ski/snowboard storage area as you come into the garage, seating and heated boot warmers. and a shelving unit for your outside boots.
Babies are welcome when you book the whole chalet and we have stairgates, cots with mattresses and linen, high chairs (some with straps), we can puree food, buy fresh full fat milk, store food in the fridge, supply a blanket for the floor and, if needed, we have a washing machine.
Check in time : after 16.00
If you arrive before 16.00 and would like to ski then you are welcome to leave your bags in the garrage/ski area and get changed for skiing. We will have your ski passes aready for you and can arrnage for ski hire to be pre-dropped and then fitted before you hit the slopes.
Check out time : before 10.00
If you wish to ski on your last day then you are welcome to leave your bags in the garage/ski area. No showers available as these will be cleaned for our next guests.
Cleaning : with the Covid-19 we have implemented extra cleaning throughout the chalet paying attention to santize door handles, light switches, tv remotes, chairs, tables etc to help make our chalet safe and clean. We will be completely airing the chalet from 10am to 4pm. Our cleaners are provided with masks and gloves.
With the environment in mind :
Toiletries from That Soap Company (vegetarian, organic, no plastics) : https://thatsoap.eu/blogs/news/solid-shampoo-and-conditioner-bars-zerowaste
Dish cloths from Children's Cancer Charity : no sponges or micro fibre cloths used
Cleaning products from Biocoop using natural ingredients and reusable plastic bottles. Also a coconut cleaning bar which is fantastic from That Soap.
We aim to reduce as much plastic as possible. Where possible, our fruit and vegetables are bought loose and not in plastic bags or plastic nets. Rather than use the bags available in the supermarket we take our own thus reducing waste.
We recyle as much as possible and have 2 recyling bins in the chalet available
We ask our guests and staff turn off lights when not in the rooms and anything on standby, turn down the heating rather than open the windows.
- Linda, I just wanted to thank you for the excellent service you provided for us all the way back in February. Everyone had an excellent holiday and the accommodation, food and service were fantastic. Hopefully we will be able to do it all again in the future. Best wishes for the summer and next season. Rich
- Hi Linda, Just to say thanks for a great holiday. We were very well looked after and a brilliant time had by all. Would definitely book with you guys again and will be recommending La Source to friends. Cheers Ben
- Dear Linda and Chris, Just a quick e-mail to say thank you for making our holiday such a great one. Our first catered chalet experience and we loved it.Please can you pass our thanks on to our chalet hosts for making the stay so brilliant, they absolutely superb, food was fantastic, I hope we were not too much of a pain with our requests.I will try and see if I have any good pics from out visit, I can upload on the La Source site.Hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes Des
We would love to welcome you to Chalet Mathilde for a wonderful ski/snowboard holiday. We have a wealth of experiece so please do not hesitate to contact us to chat through your holiday, the chalet and the area.
- Service at the heart of our business, helping you along the way
- 20 years experience on the best slopes
- Advice on the best ski passes, best lessons
- 6 evening meals
- Les Coches Mountain Village, La Plagne, heat of Paradiski (425kms of piste)
- soaking in the Hot Tub with a mountain view of Mont Blanc
- just 30m from the piste
- finish you day with a ski back to chalet (normally)
- sleeps 12 to 14
- spacious warm comfortable lounge with enough seating for 14
- relaxing in front of crackling open fireplace, big enough to roast a sheep!
- bottled wine supplied from our local cave
- all rooms private facilities with plenty of hot water
- luxurious bath sheets 100% fluffy cotton, with a mid-week change if required
- toiletries from That Soap Company
- hairdryers in each room
- heated boot warmers for toasty toes
- located in the friendly welcoming mountain village of Les Coches
- 3 private balconies with stunning views
- Sun trap terrace with outside lounge with a mountain view backdrop
- wifi, flat screen TV, DVD, NetFlix, bluetooth Bose speaker, Xbox, wii
- 2 lovely chalet hosts looking after you and cooking delicious meals
- shuttles to & from skiing/lessons for children, beginner/early intermediates
- parking, 3 places next to chalet
- La Source quality personal service
- Ski Hire delivered to chalet
- acoustic guitar for singalongs!
- Sun trap terrace for Spring G&Ts with outsisde lounge!
- We provide an excellent service with excellent food cooked by chalet hosts who are a lovely couple, superb cooks and very accommodating.
We provide fresh bread every day, a cooked option and porridge for breakfast 4 mornings continental style buffet 3 mornings where we provide croissants and pain au chocolate, scrumptious afternoon tea, 6 x 3-course evening meal with generous portions which includes bottled wine. Plus treats during the course of the week, for example hot wine etc
We also advise you on the best slopes etc which allows you, our guest, to find little gems in the Paradiski area which you might not otherwise find.
We offer transport from the pub before dinner if you fancy.
We help with equipment hire, lessons (advise, organise and book), lift passes, transfers to/from train stations for free and we can help book airport transfers and show you the pistes. Ski hire delivered and collected for free when ordered on-line with www.rentalrepublic.co.uk
- If you require in-house nannies then we can help arrange this for you.
We also offer a holiday in which the relaxed and friendly ambience of the chalet, allied to delicious food and our enthusiasm for the area, will ensure that you have a superb ski holiday.
On your first day of your holiday with us we make sure that equipment, lessons and everything else runs smoothly to get your stay with us off to a good start.
We really do look after you which is why we have so many returning guests every year.
Breakfast is generally served between 8am and 9am. So for those of you that like to head for the first lift you can arrive at 8am for breakfast before jumping into your ski boots and off to the piste which is just 30m from the chalet then a 150m ski to the Plan Bois chairlift. We are also on hand with lifts if needed. We offer 4 cooked breakfasts and 3 continental with croissants etc.
When you arrive back at the chalet after a good ski or snowboard you will find an afternoon cake and bread and jam waiting for you. We have a tea and coffee area for you and cordial.
The evening menu will, as always, be a delicious mixture of French, European, British and Aisian fusion cooking. Our hosts are hand-picked by Linda and Chris for their cooking skills, personality, life experience and enthusiasm and are backed up by our experienced management (providing ski holidays in Paradiski since 1997).
We have a passion for food and enjoy providing wonderful home cooked, dinner party style meals, for which we receive many compliments. A hearty hot breakfast (continental buffet style 3 mornings a week) sets you off perfectly for a day on the piste. When you return to the chalet you will be greeted by the afternoon tea, including a delicious home baked cake. Then sitting in front of the open fire you will be served with pre-dinner nibbles, followed by a 3-course evening meal including bottled wine, finished off with fresh coffee, teas and chocolates.
You will have the opportunity to taste some of the local delicacies, such as the delicious cheeses, Beaufort and Tomme de Savoie, the mountain dish of Tarteflette and the local after dinner drink of Genepi.
Special dietary requirements are not a problem, Linda was a vegetarian for 20 years and allergic to carrots, wheat and dairy, so we have a lot of experience in catering for all types of diets!
We have one whole day off during the week when you will have the opportunity to sample the regional cuisine at a local restaurant (this is not included in your holiday price), we will be happy to recommend a restaurant to suit your requirements and also to arrange this for you. Chris and Linda play in a local band called “Gurt Slush” and they normally play every Wednesday Apres Ski in La Table du Tarin Bar/Restaurant in Les Coches.
OK, so here’s a typical days menu:
Breakfast (4 hot breakfasts, 3 continental)
Fruit Juice, Selection of Teas, Fresh Coffee
Selection of Yoghurts, Fresh Fruit, Cereals
Hot option of porridge and then bacon and eggs, Scrambled Egg and smoked salmon
Bread and selection of jams
Continental breakfast includes all of the above but replacing the hot option with a
selection of Croissants, Pain aux Chocolate and pain au raison from the local bakery
6 x Afternoon Teas
Tea, Coffee, Squash
Bread and selection of jams
Typical Evening Meal (6 evening meals)
Warm Mushrooms served on bed of crispy salad with balsamic reduction
Duck with apricot stuffing with honey and sesame glaze
Oven baked potato wedges
Buttery French beans and garlic
Fresh seasonal vegetables served with a herby dressing
Moist chocolate pudding served with toffee sauce
Selection of Teas / Fresh Coffee, Chocolates
Writing this is making me feel very hungry!!
Ski La Source offer their properties Saturday's to Saturday's, please click a saturday for a cost, if you require more than one week please submit a booking for a quote
Please find below the prices for this property, if you are interested in a date not listed please contact us for a quote
|£6790.00||4 rooms available|
|£7830.00||2 rooms left|
' Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs) ' is located at Latitude:45.553194, Longitude:6.725832
See what our guests say about Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Dear Linda, you’re a star for remembering this and thanks a million for organising this years hols and for your generous hospitality . We all had a great time and enjoyed the company. I’ll be practicing some new songs for our next visit. Thanks again Tony. - Tony B , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Dear Linda, Can you thank Tom and Beth for a great week at Chalet Matilde, they were great hosts and cooks and managed our group really well. Everyone had a brilliant time. Top marks from everyone for the chalet and it’s position and you and Chris made such an effort to make sure we enjoyed ourselves including lifts in the Land Rover and ski hire were great. Hope to see you next year, - Peter , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Linda, Thanks for the hospitality and care taken over us during our holiday. We look forward to seeing you next year. - Mich , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Hi Linda thanks so much for looking after us so well - we've all had a fab time!!! Many thanks again Sam x - Sam , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)
- Hi Linda, Just wanted to say a massive thank you for looking after the gang , Blackstone / Eastburn ... We loved every second with you and would definitely love to return there.., we very nearly didn't make it out with all that snow! We were looked after from beginning to end.. By you, Chris, Christian and especially Myles and Katie! We really could not have asked for better hosts.. Actually really going to miss them being around!!:((( we are all on a holiday downer that's for sure! I would def look at returning , whether it be with family or friends so do keep in touch! Thanks again for being so lovely.., Nikki xx - Nikki , Staying at Catered Chalet Mathilde, hot tub, ensuite bedrooms, located in Les Coches, at the heart of Paradiski (La Plagne/Les Arcs)